Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Introduction

Hello, my name is Nancy. Over the summer I took 3 summer classes (Latin American History, Music and Math Contemporary topics), went to our time share in Vermont (Smuggler's Notch) with my 4 children for a week in July and went to the beaches in RI.  I am taking this class to fulfill my soc/behavioral requirement for the nursing program.  When I am not in class, I work the graveyard shift 11pm-7am at W&I Hospital as a unit secretary and I take care of my younger 2 kids, a sophomore in high school and an 8th grader during the day. My 2 oldest are in college, one a sophomore at Wheaton and one a junior at Univ of Colorado in Boulder.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Nancy,

    I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be to be a nursing major. Being able to do all the awesome things you did this summer and going to school at the same time must have been hectic for you. I was wondering if could share your secret recipe to manage your time well. I look forward to a great class with you.
    -Orlando

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Orlando,

      Yes, it can be difficult at times, but I know that it's not going to last forever and that in the end it will all be worth it. As far as managing my time, I use my calendar on my phone and make lists. I use my time wisely, especially my free time. Set your priorities, make sure you do what's best for you. Good luck.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nancy!
    You seem like a hard working person and you should give yourself a pat on the back for the things you do. Honestly, I'm speechless. You're amazing. I look forward to studying with you.
    ~ Kyle

    ReplyDelete